Thursday 25 April 2013

film script


Script
Scene 1 setup
The room is a large office. The table is round. There are two chairs. The lighting is bright. Both characters are seated. There is little to no background noise.

Morgan: so will you be continuing your relationship with Mrs. Natalie?

The camera then zooms in close to Leo’s eye and a tunnel effect transition plays displaying that we are in fact going deep into the inner most thoughts of Leo.

Scene 2 setup:
The scene displays a large empty wasteland. The air is damp. Rubble is littered all over. There are large mounds of mud. A radio is playing. A can is lying on the floor.

Morgan: (walks over to radio and turns it off) (turns as if addressing the can) The world that we knew, we believed it so secure, so concrete. Little did we know that life is far more fragile than any of us could ever have conceived… I remember how it all began.

Scene 3 setup: a girl is seated in a coffee shop. The lighting is bright and welcoming. There are few other customers. The background noise is quite.

Natalie: (walks in door) (bends over and kisses Jade) (sits down and looks at Jade romantically)
Jade: I’m so glad we finally managed to meet up I’ve just been so swamped at work recently I hardly ever get to see you even when we’re at home
Natalie: (disgruntled but not overtly annoyed) Yeah maybe you should take some time off so we can spend a bit more time together.
Jade: I would love to but we’re so close! I mean like a couple of weeks and the cure will be finalized… Forever!
Natalie: I know that but maybe just a day or two off?
Jade: I’ll see…
(Jade’s phone rings)
Jade: right now?
Jade: I’ll see what I can do.
Jade: I’m really sorry, I have to go (genuinely sympathetic) I’ll make it up to you as soon as possible I promise. (Gets up kisses Natalie and leaves)
(Leo bumps Natalie on her way out and comes in to sit next to Natalie)
Leo: Is it ok if I sit here?

Scene 4 setup: The camera is focused on a table. The table has a few scratches and looks well used. Then super imposed images of newspapers about Jade’s upcoming success start traveling across the screen. As each image travels past a newspaper is added to a pile on the table.

Scene 5 set up: Jade and Natalie are in a park. They are walking together hand in hand. There is a bright natural light. Bird song can be heard in the background. The sounds of children playing can also be heard.

Jade: (gets down on one knee) I know we haven’t been on best terms recently what with me being so busy and you taking writing lessons but… well… I was wondering… (looks up smiling) will you marry me? (close up of Natalies shock ridden face)
Natalie: I can’t… I just can’t
(Natalie runs of crying)

Scene 6 setup: The room is a large lab with several tables. There are two other scientists in the background. There is an array of scientific books and equipment scattered around the room. The lighting is dark.

Jade: (working with chemicals)
Morgan: I just came in to let you know that I am very pleased with your progress
Jade: Thank you sir.
Morgan: (exits)
Natalie: (goes over to the window) (camera shows Leo and Natalie together laughing and enjoying themselves) (walks back over to chemicals furious)
Jade: I’m ready to begin the process
Assistant (hands over chemicals)
Jade: (pours in chemicals) I can’t do this (runs out jogging the assistant) (camera shows the concoction fizzing)

The End

(written by Callum west)

Even though we had a script, you can still notice some deviation to this and the actual film. This is because when it came to shooting and editing the film, there where some parts that didn't fit, therefore we had to change bits to make it fit.







No comments:

Post a Comment